Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 11 March 2011

Graeme and Xin and Tina

I've got a few problems with the current Graeme/Tina/Xin triangle.

Firstly, I agree that the wedding probably won't happen as it's currently being talked about, because Corrie won't want to be seen condoning something so illegal, especially when it involves a much-loved character like Graeme. Secondly, I think it's a shame that it's likely to be Craig Gazey's last big story. Thirdly, although I am all for a more ethnically-diverse Corrie cast, I don't like the way that Xin has gone from being a literal nobody to a somebody within a short space of time. Fourthly, when did Tina become such a harridan?

I loved Tina and thought she was a breath of fresh air when she first came around. I think the actress is amazing and I loved Tina's scenes with Joe and her dealing with Joe's death. But a few months ago she started wearing her hair in a high ponytail and it seems like a personality change came with that, along with her new job in the Rovers. I don't like Tina anymore and I wish she was leaving instead of Graeme.

I thought the break up scene last night between Graeme and Tina in the pub was laughable. Xin, for instance, didn't join in, which I found unrealistic, and she was smiling the entire time, which I didn't think was helpful. Graeme was on the verge of laughter too, although I couldn't work out if that was Craig corpsing or not.

I think that the rumours about Graeme and Tina breaking up for good are probably true, especially given Graeme's jibe about her dad, which may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

9 comments:

gab said...

the whole thing is stupid-even if they dont get away with it they could have thought of a better way to get rid of graeme

and i agree i wish it was tina who was going-dont like her much anymore

Chewy said...

I hope Graeme tells them both to get lost on the wedding day

Dilly Daydream said...

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, Crufts was calling!!!

But the thing that gets me is that to all intents & purposes, when Tina arrived she had no friends at all, never a mention of anyone. Now all of a sudden it's Xin this & Xin that. And as far as I can make out, Tina just worked with her in the Pound shop.

Anonymous said...

Graeme's going to do a runner..watch and see.

Frosty the Snowman said...

Haven't the "Wedding" scenes already been filmed and I thought there was a picture of Xin in her dress on this blog? Tina hasnt "suddenly" become a harridan either, she was always pretty unpleasant but redeemed herself for a few weeks when she got the job in the Rovers, now she is back to her shrewish self shrieking "me dad" at every opportunity. I hate the way she and Xin are treating poor Grahame and just using him. From whiney Xin she has suddenly become smug and self satisfied, cant stand the character and have no empathy at all with her and hope she gets deported.

Llywela said...

The character motivations in this storyline really aren't making a great deal of sense and there definitely hasn't been any effort made to give us a reason to care about Xin. She was just thrown in there out of the blue. In a way I can kind of understand why Tina is suddenly so concerned - I've got friends from way back who I don't keep in close contact with anymore but if they came back into my life and had a problem I'd want to be there for them. But as viewers we need more than that - we need a reason to feel invested in characters and their problems. Xin hasn't earned that. And her storyline with Tina and Graeme has mostly been very inward-looking, just the three of them in a little bubble of their own, which doesn't do much to engage our interest either.

I actually enjoyed that public row in the Rovers more than any part of the story up till now. That Tina was acting was pretty obvious (at least to us) and Xin's delighted reactions were a dead give away, but at last they were out of that bubble and interacting with the wider cast! With any luck the storyline will open up a bit more now, involve more people, and then at least it might be more fun to watch even if it continues to make little or no sense.

Karen Lee (Canada) said...

If Graeme and Xin do go through with the wedding I'm calling Immigration!

Anonymous said...

I've never liked Tina have always found her a shrew. Not at all looking forward to this story.

Tvor said...

The wedding may have been filmed but we don't know if it actually goes off or not. I"m still guessing not.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!