Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 6 March 2011

Corrie Weekly Awards for Feb 28 - March 4


Unforgiven award: Gold Star: It'll be a long time before the Alahans forgive Becky, or before she forgives herself. And why is Tracy always in the wrong place at the right time?

Popup Shop award: Gold Foil Star: They were picking out fixtures a few days ago and now the shop is fixtured up, stocked and ready to open?

Smitten award: Gold Star: Kylie and David? Really? and he proposed by text? Nice.

Poison award: Gold Star: Owen is now on the way to telling everyone that will listen about her fraud. Nasty piece of work.

Irresponsible Award: Gold Star: What was Carla thinking sending Maria to do a job with a client when she's totally inexperienced and unprepared!

Privacy Award: Cloaked Star: It always amazes me how some conversations 10 feet away at normal voice are unheard and some 30 feet away are earwigged with no problems, all dependent on storyline needs.

Curiosity killed the Cat award: Gold Star: Tracy is just dying to find out what happened between Becky and Sunita, using all gossip sources she can.

Lines of the week:
Kylie "No way!!!" Gail "Way." (cracked me up that did!)
Maria "I thought I'd be filing, not negotiating a major contract before dinnertime!"
Janice "First we've got an ex-barmaid lording it over us and now an ex-hairdresser"
Tracy "It wasn't me brawling in the street!" Lloyd "Yeah, well it makes a change"
David "I wonder what she's wearing" Audrey "I'm not really acquainted with a cage dancer. Very little I should think"
David "I'm a firm believer in marraige. The more the merrier, I reckon. Wonder where I get that from?"
David "I'm an 'air to an 'airdresser's" (Clever)
Steve to Becky "Everything I've ever done's been for you!!!!" (crack in the relationship?)

I've written a blog post about Becky and Steve over here, though it's in the Canadian Corrie timeline. It still is relevant, though.

6 comments:

Frosty the Snowman said...

The picture of Becky above says it all really, how sick we are of this woman. If Steve had half an ounce of sense he would get shut quick. And who cares about Xin and the fact she cant stay in the country - not me. Dont like Kylie and think its all rather unbelievabke but am looking forward to some scenes with Gail with her best sucking lemon face! Kylie oe Viley as we like to call her, of course is under the delusion that Demon owns the salon.

Anonymous said...

Becky = BORING!
'I've messed up again haven't I?' Cue endless walking around like a zombie while Roy and Hayley wring their hands and tell her how kind her heart is while Becky talks in a quiet voice about how she's trouble and blah blah blah and now here's Kylie who will give Becky more screen-time and blah blah blah.
I'm only disparaging because I care (before someone intelligently says 'Well don't watch then!') but I have to say Becky sums up the general direction of the show under Phil Codinson - it's really getting on my nerves!
Now all we need is the London spectacular and the bank robbery spectacular! IT ISN'T DOCTOR WHO PHIL. IT DOESN'T NEED A CRASH BANG FINALE EVERY MONTH!
Corrie used to be stories that bubbled under the surface woven between some classic and witty dialogue but it's just turned into something I don't recognise.
Doctor Who needed reinvention when it was brought back in 2005, it was broken and needed rebranding but, Phil, Corrie was fine, it just needed a decent producer!

Blackie Bird said...

Totally agree with Anonymous above, Corrie is becoming far too nasty with too many either horrible or characters that think its absolutely fine to break the law to suit themselves. What happened to the gritty Northern soap, with its humour and pathos interwoven along with witty lines. I could have forgiven Phil if he hadn't extended Kate Ford's contract when she seems to be the most unpopular character ever and he just doesnt seem to care what the viewers (us) think a jot.

Seanie said...

I agree with the comment about Xin - she just popped out of nowhere as a friend of Tina's (who we have never heard about) and now has scenes of her complaining about not getting a visa - BORING !

Maybe, if he was a half established character along the likes of Izzy or Julie (I know they are not foreign but you know what I mean), I would have more sympathy.

I hope after this whole Graham marriage shamble plot, she will stay around and get a few plots of her own (not just brought in for this stupid exit plot for Graham) and not just disappear like Tom and Minnie - both good character potential but just wasted.

I thought she was supposed to be a bubbly comical character, but she just seems boring and a scene filler in my eyes. Rant over :P

Anonymous said...

Becky HAS to go and Tracy right along with 'er.Both are a waste of air time.Steve needs a NEW woman with half a brain in her head...not ANOTHER nut-job.I ffwd though all the becky/steve/tracy bits now..also ffwd through Carla/Maria/underworld scenes.Too predicable and outright boring.Are they hiring new writers?What happened to Corrie??It used to have some class but now it's just a bunch off street bitches and wimpy men crawling around mewling and moaning.Also..the whole adoption line with the Windass'...YAWN.I know..don't watch if you don't like it!!!

Dolly Tubb said...

The writers are turning Becky into a MeMeMichelle. Will they never learn? Katherine Kelly is way too good an actress for this.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!