Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 9 December 2010

Who's excited about tonight's live episode then?


I know I am. I didn't expect to feel excited about it - live episode, so what, yawn - but this week's episodes have all been so good so far that I can't wait to see what tonight will bring.
I plan to be glued to it, sitting on the sofa at 8pm with a large glass of wine and a bottle of sal volatile in case it all gets too much and I pass out!
I'm not just excited about who lives and who dies. No. I'll be watching keenly to see who's struggling to keep a straight face, who forgets their lines, who trips over a cobble, who gets a body stuck in a doorway, who snags their jumper on a door handle. That kind of thing.
I read here that Jennie McAlpine (Fiz Stape) is worried that Graeme Hawley (John Stape) will play a practical joke on her. I'm sure that's part of the enjoyment of the whole thing. She also says she reckons the episode will be better than the one done by Eastenders. I'm certain she's right. Everything Corrie does is way better than Eastenders.
I've got a lot of sympathy for the cast. I can only imagine the waves of adrenalin they're experiencing. But I'm sure they needn't worry. Everyone's behind them and it will be brilliant entertainment.
My own blog is here

4 comments:

Annie said...

Don't be sympathetic... according to at least one cast member I know, they are having a brilliant time. It's as exciting for them as it is for us.

Anonymous said...

I'm cursed by 'notbeingathomeitis' tonight and will miss the live episode.
I do have a valid reason... I'm taking a bunch of reprobates to the panto (aka: family) which, if anything is to go by, there's the potential for a storyline *right there* as one of them is due to have a baby any day, one has a back injury and can't sit down and the other two are pensioners who act like KIDS.

However, what I'll probably do is catch up before tomorrow nights episode to give some sort of fluidity between episodes... and then spoil myself with the omnibus on Saturday.

Glenda Young said...

I'm the same as you seapenguin. Wasn't bothered about it being live when it was first announced but now - can't wait!!!!

Sea Penguin said...

@anonymous you're right, that is a Corrie storyline right there!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!