Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 7 December 2010

What's next for Maria?

In amidst all the action last night, I noticed Maria in the pub for the hen night looking quite pretty. Currently, she's living in the salon flat with the baby and Kirk. The baby must be toddling by now so I expect it's getting a bit crazy. (Is she back to work, and who minds the baby? He must be in a creche). Anyway, we haven't really seen Maria much other than an aborted date with Cheryl's violent ex, Chris. I think that relationship is a non-starter so what's next for our cute clipper?

I'd like to see her with handsome, young, Dr. Carter. If they're keeping him in the show, maybe he and Maria would be a good match. She'd love to be a doctor's wife. If number 13 gets fixed up after the fire and there are no more Peacocks in residence, they could move in there. I'd like to see Maria with a nice fella for a change. Maybe with a bit more maturity, she'd see gold in Tyrone again and there could be a reunion there. She'd soothe his broken heart, for sure, far better than Sally could.

11 comments:

Looney Baloon said...

There is no denying Maria is a pretty girl but she has nowhere to go now, please not another affair with the doctor, and she should be written out.

Kate said...

I like Maria. I think she and Dr Carter would make a good couple!

Sea Penguin said...

I like the idea of Maria and nice Dr Matt! but not Maria/Tyrone, no way.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Loon Balloon...there's nowhere for Maria to go... even if she hooks up with the doctor so what? Where do they go from there? What do you do about a girl named Maria...

...the writers should just write her out...I much preferred Natasha...maybe they should bring back Natasha --- either much better over her infatuation with Nick or much worse...

Anonymous said...

Maybe Nick will go through the list of re-kindling love with all of his former fiances and get with Maria next?

They'd be a more believable fit then he and Leanne. Leanne is, in the end, too mature for him whereas I think Maria fits the bill somewhat better.

Though I would like to see her get back with Tyrone. They both had spouses who treated them terribly and our now dead (well that's only speculative about Molly but I'd bet 50 pounds she's dead by the end of the week) and young ones to look after. A lot of bonding can go on there.

Anonymous said...

I think Maria and Tyrone would be a good idea. Both will have suffered similar tragedies, and they made a cute couple in the past. It wouldn't surprise me if she still gets involved with Chris, she has always been a bit silly when it comes to men. Saying that, I really like Maria as she's grown up a lot in the last couple of years, and is a very sweet natured character.

Paul said...

how do you solve a problem like maria?! stick her under the tram!

Anonymous said...

How can you, just off the cuff say that Maria is quite pretty, MARIA IS GORGEOUS.
I have met Maria as I have worked in Television all my life, please don`t let me see you write Maria is "Quite Pretty"

Heiko

Nurse Florence Ganderpoke said...

Get rid!

Clare said...

Yawn. Tram please.

Tvor said...

I've met her too, as it happens, back a few years now, 2003 i think. She's lovely and has got more beautiful as she's got older. I see her looks as very pretty, she's not exotic looking like Carla and not "girl next door" like Claire. Ok, beautiful. I guess her fresh faced look just says "very pretty" to me.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!