Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 10 December 2010

A thrilling week so far on Coronation Street


They're taking us on a real bumpy ride this week on Coronation Street. There's been so much excitement that it's had my nerves stretched to the limit. I've been feeling like Lloyd Bridges in Airplane! Reckon I picked the wrong week to stop smoking/drinking/sniffing glue.
And there's still more drama to come this evening.
The main anxieties for me are, will Peter Barlow pull through (he must! he must!), and will they rescue Rita from under that mountain of confectionery.
The highlights for me last night were Molly's gruelling deathbed confession to Sally, and Peter and Leanne's even more gruelling wedding. I thought Sally Dynevor was particularly good.
Highlight of the week so far has been Ashley's death. A great exit for Steven Arnold.
"Oh no" moment of the night for me, was Charlotte having a pulse. My mind boggles at the thought of yet more being squeezed out of Stapewick. Obviously, there's yet another twist in the tail and perhaps it will be resolved this evening. At any rate, it's all wonderfully enjoyable stuff. A massive thanks to all concerned.
My own blog is here

9 comments:

Tvor said...

Agreed that Sally Dyvenor's performance was great but you know, the dying Molly/Vicky Binns was fantastic too, she was very believable as was Chris Gascoyne in portraying someone that was in pain and dying. I was gasping for breath and trying to breathe for them some of the time!

Nurse Florence Ganderpoke said...

You and me both Tvor!

Cobblestone said...

You would never have guessed that it was a live episode; those one-take performances were pitch-perfect. I feel enormously proud of the entire cast, who have really proved that truly great acting can be found in a soap.

Tvor said...

The only thing that gave it away was no incidental or added background noise. I found it quiet compared to the first few eps of the week! but if you didn't know, you wouldn't have guessed.

ElectronicCigFan said...

What a great week of Corrie it's been. It just keeps getting better and better.

maggie muggins said...

I watched the live eps, but then had to do some much needed cooking, after days of fast meals, before I watched them again. I don't know what was more exhausting - the cooking or the emotional Day 4.

Everyone did amazing jobs! I even thought Fiz was very good, despite what some say. Giving birth hurts, even if the baby is small. And Molly acted her socks off. I imagine the dust & blood makeup and being buried in fake debris really gets one in the mood for a good death!

I was shredded watching Sally & Kev. They were absolutely pitch perfect as they bounced off each other. Did Sally ever get her moment or what!

Tvor said...

and, btw, Seapenguin, absolutely top photo of Lloyd Bridges there! That's pretty much what this week felt like! hahaa

Sea Penguin said...

Thanks Tvor - he looks how I feel!

Anonymous said...

Who was the doctor that caught john stape at the life support machine on Friday 10th ? Is he new ? Good to see new faces.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!