Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 9 December 2010

Corrie Quotes

Some quotes from interviews with the cast, past and present:

Thelma Barlow (Mavis): "I had already told them I was going to leave - I don't know why they didn't kill Mavis off instead." (on the decision to kill off Derek Wilton)

"Being in Coronation Street is one of the highlights of my career.  We had such fun working on it and I was lucky to be able to work with so many wonderful actors and actresses." Roy Barraclough MBE

"My wig and that red anorak age me considerably." Julie Hesmondhalgh on playing Hayley.

"As you get older you must keep your mind churning around otherwise you become cabbage very quickly."  Betty Driver on why she still loves appearing on the show.

"I hope he will return - because I love it here!" Richard Fleeshman on leaving the show when his character Craig left the cobbles.

"I worked in the Co-op in Manchester as a Marketing Assistant - it was so boring!" Rob Collier-James (Liam) on life before Corrie.

"I'm not a designer chick.  I've been to these glitzy award ceremonies where there's someone at the red carpet asking you where you got your outfit.  I'm more Walmart than Armarni."  Jennie McAlpine (Fiz)

"I'm not sure where she is or what she's up to." Actress Suranne Jones on what Karen McDonald's doing now.

"The actor John Barrie visited me and said:  'You need to get away from all this slavery and get work in television'." Jean Alexander on her switch from stage to screen.

"I owned the corner shop - it was long hours of standing behind that counter.  I left and went to Open All Hours.  The hours were shorter but I just stood on the other side of a counter." Kathy Staff on moving on from Corrie to the Ronnie Barker sit-com

"Corrie was a huge opportunity but the role had run its course really." Keith Duffy on leaving the show.  He obviously changed his mind later.

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!