Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 9 November 2010

John Stape - what the flaming heck's going ON?


Going by the bits and pieces I've picked up from spoilers and so forth, my impression is that John Stape murders Charlotte by bashing her head in with a hammer. Nice. (What is it with Corrie just now - tram crashes, bloodbaths, murders...)
Anyway. Will this really happen, or is it just another red herring? I haven't the foggiest.
However, Stape is definitely reading about a nine point nine nine on the tension scale at the moment and despite showing flashes of the old Stapian wit it's clear that his nerves won't take much more. He's laughing maniacally and getting into bother from Peter Barlow for screaming at wrong numbers in the bookies. He's thinking about Edgar Allan Poe stories and wondering if it's his heartbeat he's hearing or Fishwick's. Is it Charlotte who's driving him to the brink of insanity by making the silent phone calls and sending the mysterious flowers and letters? Personally I'd be surprised - but then I generally am. Who else could it be though? Who else knows about the body hidden in the old sump hole under the factory floor?
I do hope that John doesn't bash Charlotte's head in with a hammer! I could live with him bungling another death, but not full-blooded murder. However...if he DID get done for murder, perhaps there could be an insanity plea, and he could stay in Corrie albeit as an inmate of a maximum secure unit, receiving therapy sessions and being visited by Fiz and the baby on a weekly basis? I just don't want the Stape saga to end!

8 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...

Stape is certainly looking abit unstable just now (but who wouldnt with a wife like Fiz and an admirer like Charlotte, never mind hiding dead bodies LOL!) I think Charlotte is sending the letters and making the calls and pretending she is receiving them just to get Johns 'attention'. I doubt anybody saw what happened that night.

Tvor said...

I expect it probably is Charlotte but the only other one it could possibly be is if Colin didn't die. Still. Rita's window looks out over the Factory entrance and so does the Platt house. David?

Pablo Fantastico said...

John Stape is really such a creep.I am relishing all his misfortune. Horrid chap!

Anonymous said...

I really believe it is Colin doing everything. Think about it...the cement was all ready poured before John arrived next morning to get the body, so Colin could have just been dazed and crawled out of the hole after being left there. I am loving John and Charlotte right now! cheers, Eden x

Sea Penguin said...

Yes I don't think it's Charlotte either - I'd really really love it to be Colin, not dead after all, creeping around the ginnels!

Anonymous said...

What a totally ridiculous story line. I used to love Coronation Street but this one has really put me off.

The Garden Pixie said...

I think they are dragging this out for far too long. It should have been left when Fizbomb when round and warned Charlotte, but oh no it has to go on and on with the repetition of Charlotte trying to make a pass at John, its like groundhog day. Now we are to believe he is a cold blooded killer. I have said it before and I will say it again I dont like the production of Phil Collinson and its a disgrace that the 50th anniversary which should be a happy celebration is to be a bloodbath.

Gail_fan35 said...

Well knowing as we now do that it was in fact Charlotte sending the letters and cards, and that John has Indeed Struck a fatal blow upon Charlotte albeit in a fit of blind panic where will it all end??? Personally I cant see him getting away with it twice and he is like a dog chasing his tail continuously with all his lies, but I'm hooked and cannot wait to see his word crumble One final Time.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!