Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 24 January 2010

Corrie weekly awards, January 18 - 22

Broken heart of the week: Obviously Tyrone. Poor lamb.

He's not a bad boss, really: Gold star: Dev. Only his generosity landed him with a black eye!
Black star: Obviously Kevin. Even though it's over, I'm still appalled at his affair with his best friend/co-partner's wife.

Best friends lost and found award: Gail is finally showing a bit of concern over Sally after virtually ignoring her for weeks!
And Fiz. You forget how fond she used to be of Tyrone. Except how on earth would she think Tyrone has turned vegetarian? Has she not seen him chowing Roy's breakfasts or hotpot in the Rovers?

Pot calling the kettle black award: Gold.. no...Platinum Star: Dev Alahan for calling Sunita's ex-fiance a womaniser and "God's Gift".

Penance award: Kevin. The disloyal one gets to be a support and comfort to the man he did the dirty on. And he deserves every minute of guilty discomfort.

In the Pink award: Kelly for her Tshirt with shoe applique (I actually kind of liked that!), Hair ornament, gloves! Sian for those vivid pink stripes in her cardy and her pink t-shirt.

They learn young award: Gold Star: Sophie and Sian and a bucket of ice-cream to soothe their sorrows about Sian having to leave.

Lines of the week:
Jack (about Dev): "I might be past my peak but I'll punch his lights out!"
Rosie: "I can't wait to tell John Stape that he's paying for my new boobs. He'll feel like a pimp!"
Julie: "I can tell it's going to be one of those days when I have to have a little cry before I can thread the needle"
Kevin to Sally: "It's made me realise how much I love you" (And that's the first truth he's told Sally in months! Ok, but you know what I mean)
Kevin to Sophie: "Why does this God of yours do this in the first place?" (To make you see what an ass you've been, maybe? Guilt, much, Kevin?)

4 comments:

John said...

Did anyone else think that the actor that played Sally's doctor was the worst piece of casting in living memory. He didn't look remotely like a doctor.

Bonny Bird said...

Yes he was like the nutty professer

Yoork said...

I loved how when Tyrone apologized to Dev, Dev made it sound like it was "absurd" that he would ever have an affair with a shop-girl since he was a "family man." Bullcrap!

Tvor said...

Yes, yoork, considering how many of is shop-girl kids are littered about Weatherfield. Too bad Amber wasn't there to string him up!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!