Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 5 January 2010

So, what do you think of Corrie's new Nick?

He's been on screen enough now, I think, to have us fans form an opinion of the new Nick. Me? I'm emjoying watching him a lot. Nick's an intriguing character anyway with his mumsy relationship to Gail's apron springs. The Christmas Day episode when they were sat down to the sprouts and Gail whined at her number one son: "There's more breast if you want it," made me almost heave, but it was spot on for their relationship between mother and son. And I'm just longing for the new Nick to take David Pratt by the scruff of the neck and throw him up against the wall. Every other male in that household has done it to David, it's got to be Nick's turn soon. So for this Corrie fan, the new Nick's a hit. Payed by Ben Price, he's got more depth and strengths and if these spoilers are true, he looks set to cause a stir in ladies pants.

So what do you think of the new Nick Tisley?

8 comments:

Sunny Jim said...

He certainly seems to have a lot more gumption than either of his previous incarnations. Maybe it's as a result of getting away from his mother for so long, though that didn't seem to help the Ricketts version when he went off to Canada for a while, so perhaps this time they've just got in a decent actor.

Ena's New Year Hairnet said...

I like him, especially as his presence winds up Demon.

Tvor said...

I think they've got a good actor this time around. He's a bit old for tina but apparently is going to make a play for Carla who is older. Michelle might be closer to his age but then i wouldn't wish her on anyone!

Dilly Daydream said...

I'm not keen; I think I'm the only person in the world who actually likes David Platt and I really think he gets the shitty end of the wedge most of the time.

Rebecca said...

I like him, I think.

Clare said...

I like him so far. Plus he's pretty easy on the eye, which helps. I don't want them pairing Carla off so soon though!

Scott Willison said...

It's nice that they cast an actor rather than a body for once, but I still think he's too old for the part. He looks like he could be David's dad. He's got a definite charm though.

Just out of curiosity, when did he stop being Nicky?

Sea Penguin said...

My first thought was "he's too old", but on the other hand, maybe that doesn't matter too much in the Platt household (Gail/Audrey??) He seems to be a good actor and a definite improvement on the last incarnation. I like him.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!