Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 8 January 2010

Gail Platt... just what was she thinking?

I'm sure someone else will be along with a much more in depth analysis of Gail and Joe's wedding, but my first thought on seeing the dress was: "OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING?!?!?!" It would have been lovely without the high-necked bit, really.

A lovely touching moment between Ted and Gail though, when he told her he never thought he'd be a dad and here he was giving her away. I love Ted, I think he's how Ken was before he started being a right old busybody.

As an aside, how hot does Tina look in that turquoise dress? Mmmmm! Furthermore, is it just me who can only call Gail, Gail Platt? Not Tilsley or Hillman or McIntyre, but Platt. She'll always be Platt. I loved Martin, and some of my earliest Corrie memories are of his affair with Crazy Carmel.

9 comments:

Tvor said...

Ah but many of us over 50 are starting to get that saggy neck and like to hide it. Not me. Not yet. But i get where Gail is coming from. I thought the dress was lovely for her, i'd wear it but yes, with a scooped neckline.

Anonymous said...

Lovely dress, and yes, Platt it'll be for me too!

Sea Penguin said...

Catching, this. Gail will forever be Platt to me also. It's not the dress that bothered me though - it was the nauseating gush at the Rover's bar. Dreadful. Even just thinking about it's put me right off my full cooked.

Llifon said...

Deirdre's comment was lol. Nice touch to have Emily in the reception as she's a good friend to Gail, but did think the Websters would've had an invite and nice to see Rita's having a good time on the cruise.

Rebecca said...

Deirdre's comment was one of those little asides that make Corrie so damn funny!

John said...

Who can answer this question? What is the connection between Eccles (the dog) and the registrar that married Gail and Joe?

Ena's Hairnet said...

I too was surprised the Websters werent there, obviously Kev and Sally in their present circumstances wouldnt want to attend but I would have thought the gurls would have been there. As I put on another comment, I think the neckline on that dress was just fine, middle aged cleavage spilling out of a wedding dress is just wrong!

Tvor said...

I don't know about the dog, but the registrar is the same one, i think, that officiated at Steve and Becky's first drunken wedding.

I don't think Ken was ever a nice fellow like Ted. He was always stuck up, a busy body and a crusader at the expense of his own family

Sea Penguin said...

Ouch, Tvor! Ken, stuck up, a busy body etc..!!! all true and maybe it's my age but I love him anyway. Can't live with him, can't live without him?? or summat like that.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!