Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 29 January 2010

Corrie Autograph collecting

Thought I'd run a post on something that is quite popular amongst certain Corrie viewers, and may be of interest to some of the blog readers. I've been collecting hand-signed Coronation Street cast cards for just over a year now, and thought it would be nice to share my collection with you.
I've obtained them all through writing to the individual cast members at the Coronation Street offices. Some take longer than others to reply, and I've written to some that I'm still awaiting a reply from. It's been great to build up this collection so far, and I look forward to expanding it in the years to come.

Here at the Coronation Street blog, we'd love to hear about your autograph successes, and it would be nice to run a regular feature to see how others fare in writing to the cast. Feel free to drop us an email with your stories and pictures to craigcorrieblog@hotmail.co.uk.

13 comments:

Deborah said...

That looks like a good collection you have there Craig. I see you have a few I don't. I love writing for autographs and have sent you an email.

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a lovely collection, well done!

A few years ago, my mum sent a birthday card for me to Corrie, and they sent it back signed with happy birthday wishes from the cast. I was so chuffed :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing. Am I to assume that some of the cast did not autograph their photos?

craig247 said...

Thanks for your email Deborah, I'll make a post on that soon!

All the cards I have are hand-signed. Pre-printed ones are also available to those wanting a bulk of cards.

BeaverDamsel said...

On a wonderful tour of Coronation Street, I bought Percy's book at the beginning and used it as an autograph book for the entire time. I also have a box of autographed cards which will have to be passed on to someone sometime.

BeaverDamsel said...

BTW my cards are pre-signed and printed.

Rowan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rowan said...

Where might I find an address to request autographs from the cast members?

Tvor said...

Rowan you can write to an actor care of:

Stage 1,Coronation Street,
Granada TV,
Quay Street,
Manchester
M60 9EA

That should get to where it ought to go.

BeaverDamsel said...

I collected mine in person so I do not have an address. However, to secure an address I would ask TV Week as I believe they have the addresses of all networks such as ITV. Or, just ask ITV on the net.

Anonymous said...

I won a picture which is signed and am looking to sell it how would i find out how much its worth

Anonymous1 said...

I have a photo of cast members with 54 original autographs would anyone like to hazard a guess to the value please.

Anonymous1 said...

I have a signed photograph of the Corrie cast with 54 original autographs. Does anyone want to hazard a guess to the value please?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!