Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 29 November 2009

Should Mammy and Barry Connor live on the Street?

Judging by comments left on the blog over the last few weeks, it's clear there's a lot of lurve for Michelle Connor's parents from Ireland.

So, do you like them enough to want them back on the Street and this time not just for a visit, but for good?

I'd love to have them back full-time. For this Corrie fan, Mammy Connor is so bitter and brittle she's the one I love to hate while Barry Connor could have a fling with Audrey Roberts, p'raps? What do other fans think about the Irish Connors?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think it would be great. I love to hate (or hate to love?) Helen, and Barry seems like an all-round nice guy who would be in the Rovers all the time. I also think that Michelle, who I don't usually like, works better in the Connor family unit and Ma and Pa Connor could provide some sort of stability for Maria, considering her own parents are rubbish. There's a lot more to know about the Connor parents, like why do they seem to cherish Liam's memory more than Paul?! Apart from the Barlows and Liz, there aren't many doting grandparents on the street...so yep I would love them to move to Manchester.

Clare said...

I would like them to live here permanently yes. Mammy Connor doesn't annoy me she's just a battleaxe and i see nout wrong with that. People have likened her to Ivy Tisley, maybe not that far but she is something we're lacking on the street. And Barry is so lovely! I don't think he'd ever stray actually but he is lovely and i can't see anyone not loving their accent! I agree with the above poster, Michelle does work alot better when in the Connor family unit.

Rebecca said...

No. Definitely not.

Unknown said...

Hrmm, I'm divided. I can't stand Mammy Connor. But the best characters are the ones you love and hate, and love to hate, hate to love etc. So...it's hard to say. As long as she got only a little bit of screentime. Samll doses. Oh wait...that's how she currently is. Haha.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!