Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 28 November 2009

Kym Marsh's memoirs to go on sale

News in from publishers Hodder is that they've signed a memoir from Coronation Street actress Kym Marsh, who plays Michelle Connor, for publication next year.

The deal for Marsh's "candid and compelling" autobiography was struck for an undisclosed sum. The book will be published in July 2010 as a £16.99 hardback. The memoir will tell of Kym's rise to fame — from growing up on an estate in Wigan, to life as a young single mother with two children, before her big break in the band Hear'Say and her life now, playing Rovers Return barmaid Michelle Connor.

Me? I'm still waiting for Craig Charles' autbiography. I was hoping Santa would be bringing it for me this Christmas but the release date of the book seems to have been pushed back yet again.

4 comments:

Tvor said...

meh.
I reckon auto/biographies should not be written until you're at least 60 and have a lot more to fill a book.

Glenda Young said...

I agree, Tvor. I'd LOVE to read Eileen Derbyshire's life story or Barbara Knox's but I don't suppose either will ever do a book, sadly.

Deborah said...

Those would be a great read FN.

As for Kym, I'll pass on that book. We read more than enough about her each day in the news. Not interested in reading more.

Ena's Hairnet said...

This woman's ego must be very big if she thinks everyone is so interested in reading about her life. I wil be passing thanks.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!