Written by John Kerr (7:30) and Jonathan Harvey (8:30), directed by Duncan Foster.
Barry and Helen have decided to finally check into a hotel in their frustration with Maria and Tony. Helen continues to berate the two of them over getting engaged on the anniversary of her Liam's death. Maria tries again to apologise to Helen and Helen admits that she's just so angry over losing her Liam that she lashes out to whomever is closest. Helen tries to be more accepting of their relationship, and is delighted when Maria has decided to dress baby Liam in her old christening gown.
Meanwhile, all is not well for Tony as he receives a threatening phone call from an anonymous caller. He meets the caller at the cemetery, and turns out it's Carla. After a lot of words passed between the two, Carla informs Tony that he'd better sell her his shares at Underworld, then walk away from Maria, baby Liam and Weatherfield for good, or she'll tell. Will he do it?
Joe's been complaining to Gail about the meagre wages he makes working with Bill. Later, at the builder's yard it seems that Auntie Pam has been "collecting" on outstanding accounts for Bill and has accepted an old boat for payment from one of them. Bill isn't happy about this, but Joe is. Joe loves the boat and all to eagerly takes it off his hands thinking that Gail will love it as he does. He's very wrong about this, and it causes Gail to: "Sit down. Sometimes you just need to sit down." Well, stay seated Gail!
At the factory, Rosie is in la-la-land dreaming of her reign over the factory girls once her "news" is announced. She's even gone as far as to think of a new name for the factory - "English Rosie's Quality Underwear." It's got a nice ring to it. Her happiness doesn't last for long as Luke has subsequently packed up his entire life in the matter of one morning, and drives off the street, and out of our lives forever. To Rio, presumably. He leaves Rosie with a note telling her what's happened. After Rosie panics and frantically tries to call her bank to stop the transfer, it's too later, it's gone through. Rosie tells her mum, who's even more frantic than Rosie. Rosie admits to Sally: "I've been ripped off."
In more boring news, it's Molly's birthday, and Tyrone has spoiled her with a box of soft-centres and an unoriginal poem. But it's all good, since he's saved the real surprise for later. Oh boy, I bet she can't WAIT to find out what that is!
- Sean pointing out a shirt that he likes and Julie thinks it's fantastic but can't find the right word. Blanche helps her out and says that the word she's looking for is "gay."
- Sean asks Rosie what she thinks of the shirt for him and she asks if he's taking up ice-skating. Haha, she can be funny sometimes!
- Audrey asking Joe how hard it is to drive in a straight-jacket since he must be out of his mind getting that old boat and bringing it to Gail's! Haha.
- Tony Gordon scantly-clad (okay, a vest) and ironing again!
- Maria extending the olive branch to Helen and dressing baby Liam in her gown after Helen has relented over her and Tony. Maria's so sweet. Too bad she's with a murderer.
- Blanche's friendly birthday visit to Emily. Haha, she's so tongue-in-cheek.
- Rosie realising she's lost her money and telling her mother that she feels like a mug. Rosie's eating a lot more than a slice of humble pie this time! Will it change our Rosie? Hrmm, probably not!
- Helen coming down the stairs and first thing in the morning berating Maria and Tony for getting engaged on the anniversary of her Liam's death - right at his grave. I get that she's bereft, but she needs professional help, not to keep berating people! Miserable old woman!
- The whole Tony and Carla confrontation. It was good, but it was very, very bad. I fear for Carla now! And if you knew that someone were a murderer, would you meet them in an empty cemetery to threaten them?! Not me!
- Joe buying that old boat and bringing it to Gail's! The man is a fantasist! He's completely lost all his marbles! Plus, since when was he allowed back in the medical centre? Haha.
- That cad Luke for stealing money and just driving off!
For those who enjoy the scenic route, check out the entire review scene-by-scene here.
Our Top 10 Blog Posts in last 7 days (automatically updated)
The Sun reports today that Celebrity Juice fella Keith Lemon has filmed a Coronation Street cameo role as a Newton and Ridley delivery ma...
I know it's a bit early for speculation on Tina's departure next year, but what the hell, I'm in the mood for a good speculate...
Like a phoenix rising from the ashes these are the first pictures of Coronation Street’s Rovers Return restored to its full glory. It’s ...
With thanks to the fab Inside Soap magazine this week for this lovely little story, with a great pic too. Katy Cavanagh, who plays Julie...
There's a Coronation Street spoiler in today's Daily Sar revealing the end of the surrogacy storyline. If it's true, then th...
From today's Sun A fourth Corrie star was last night said to have preyed on a girl of 12 hunting autographs at the show’s TV studios. T...
From BBC News Coronation Street actor William Roache, who plays Ken Barlow, has been arrested on suspicion of the rape of an under-age...
There's a Coronation Street spoiler in today's Daily Star that says Tina McIntyre will give birth to her baby in the Rovers Return...
An anonymous comment on our blogger Tvor's post about Tim Metcalfe wonders if Tim is really Faye's dad. Not only that, they sug...
Without any piffle, here's the storyline for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely in 50 words or less. Week of M...
Click on a name to find out more about your Corrie favourites!
alan halsall alex bain alexandra boyd alison king alison sinclair amber kalirai amy barlow andy whyment angela griffin anna windass anne kirkbride antony cotton audrey roberts barbara knox becky mcdonald behind the scenes bet lynch betty driver betty williams beverley callard bill webster blanche hunt brooke vincent carla connor charlie condou cherylee houston chesney brown chris gascoyne ciaran mccarthy classic corrie clothes worn on coronation street competition coronation street musical coronation street weekly update coronation street weekly updates craig charles curly watts damon rochefort david neilson david platt debbie rush deirdre barlow Dennis Tanner dev alahan eileen derbyshire eileen grimshaw elsie tanner emily bishop faye windass fiz stape flaming nora Gail McIntyre gail platt gary windass gary's army diaries gay men in coronation street hayley cropper helen worth hilda ogden izzy armstrong jack p shepherd jane danson jason grimshaw jennie mcalpine jimmi harkishin job vacancies at coronation street julie carp julie goodyear julie hesmondhalgh julie jones kate ford katherine kelly Katy Cavanagh keith duffy ken barlow kevin kennedy kevin webster kylie platt kylie turner kym marsh kym ryder leanne battersby lloyd mullaney malcolm hebden maria connor michael le vell michelle connor michelle keegan mikey north mikey north Natalie Gumede newton and ridley nick tilsley nigel havers nigel pivaro norris cole pat phoenix paula lane peter barlow pets on coronation street pictures of the coronation street set rita sullivan rosie webster rovers return rovers return barmaids roy cropper roys rolls ryan connor ryan thomas sally webster sally dynevor sally webster sally whittaker sam aston samia smith sean tully shobna gulati simon barlow simon gregson sophie webster stella price steve huison steve mcdonald streetcars sue cleaver sue johnston sue nicholls sunita alahan sylvia cropper sylvia goodwin terry duckworth the kabin tina mcintyre todd grimshaw tommy duckworth tony warren tours of coronation street tracy barlow tyrone dobbs vicky binns watch coronation street online weatherfield weekly update wendi peters which coronation street character are you? william roache