Friday, 23 October 2009
Going Nowhere: Thu Oct 22, 2009 Corrie Episode Review
Written by Martin Allen, directed by Duncan Foster.
Tony is about as stressed-out as I've ever seen a person look, and with good reason. He's got Carla's threat looming over his head as he tries to make the decision whether or not to stay in Weatherfield and face the consequences, or to leave. Adding to his stress is the fact that he's just realized that Luke Strong has flown the coop with Rosie's money. It's not easy being evil. Tony finally gets himself to the church on time for baby Liam's funeral only for Carla to meet him there and threaten to run into the church and tell everyone the truth about Liam's death. Tony manages to persuade her to meet him at the factory later where he'll sign over his share to the factory and leave town for good. Only we know Tony never goes down without a fight and gets on the phone promptly to Jimmy to let him know that Carla's back. Uh-oh.
Rosie's still understandably upset about losing her money and comes to the realization that Luke was only using her for her money. If you thought she was a rich b*tch before, then she's even worse when she's poor! She's down-right nasty to everyone. Sometimes she's unbearable to watch. Kevin thinks that Luke taking her money was a blessing in disguise since Stape's money has been nothing but trouble.
Gail has gotten up from her sit-down and tries to make sense of Joe and the boat. Gail reminds Joe that he's broke. He's also in debt to some very bad people. Who needs kneecaps when you've got a boat, right Joe? Joe informs her that he hopes to make a good profit on the boat. This turns Gail's frown upside-down and now she's buying into the fantasy. Anchors away!
Norris receives an interviewee for the shop assistant position. A rather stern lady by the name of Joan. I don't know what she's like yet, but from what I can tell she's nothing like that Sheila Wheeler, which can only be a good thing!
Finally, it's Molly's birthday and Jack and Connie come bearing a gift - it's a new pocketbook. Tyrone surprises Molly with her "real" gift - a home gym! That way, she can spend more time at home with him, and less time at the "gym." Kevin and Molly exchange troubled glances. Looks like they'll have to find another alibi for they're little motel romps. How will they ever get past Tyrone?
- Emily sees the boat and asks if someone's planning a trip. Joe answers, "yes, I am." Emily just nods in wonder, then walks away. I thought it was a little funny, as though she wasn't expecting that answer.
- The severely mascara-stained tears streaming down Rosie's face. Tears of a clown.
- Kev trying to persuade Rosie to come out of the office, but Rosie adamantly telling them she's not "going anywhere." I'll say!!!
- Kev figuring Rosie losing her money is a blessing in disguise since it's been trouble from the start. Yes!
- Gail and how quickly money changed her opinion on Joe's boat project! Haha, that Gail. As Audrey would say, "oh, I give up!"
- Stupid, vain, b*tchy Rosie. First sobbing about her stupidity and making everyone else suffer for it, then being rude to her sister who's trying to comfort her, then expecting Tony to be able to get her money back for her. How could he do that???
- Mammy Connor thinking that Ryan is more entitled to be stand-in godfather over Kirk. On what planet? That woman drives me bonkers. When is she leaving?
- Evil Tony trying to persuade Carla to let Maria have her christening in peace, since it's Liam's - the man she loved - child. He even spills some crocodile tears. Ugh!
- Tina and her uber-fake tan! I've not mentioned it before, but it's getting even worse! Is there such thing as a tanning addiction? She's a pretty girl, I don't know why she feels the need to over-bronze. Besides, she lives in England. The sun rarely shines. She's anglo-saxon. The jig is up! That goes for David and Janice too.
- Molly being ungrateful about Tyrone's sweet and thoughtful birthday gift for her, just because it interferes with her adultery. When will this affair end? Can anyone stop the madness?!
For those who enjoy the scenic route, check out the full review scene-by-scene here.
Our Top 10 Blog Posts in last 7 days (automatically updated)
The Sun reports today that Celebrity Juice fella Keith Lemon has filmed a Coronation Street cameo role as a Newton and Ridley delivery ma...
I know it's a bit early for speculation on Tina's departure next year, but what the hell, I'm in the mood for a good speculate...
Like a phoenix rising from the ashes these are the first pictures of Coronation Street’s Rovers Return restored to its full glory. It’s ...
With thanks to the fab Inside Soap magazine this week for this lovely little story, with a great pic too. Katy Cavanagh, who plays Julie...
There's a Coronation Street spoiler in today's Daily Sar revealing the end of the surrogacy storyline. If it's true, then th...
From today's Sun A fourth Corrie star was last night said to have preyed on a girl of 12 hunting autographs at the show’s TV studios. T...
The official Coronation Street website has announced that Michelle Keegan will be leaving the show next year after six years as Tina McInty...
There's a Coronation Street spoiler in today's Daily Star that says Tina McIntyre will give birth to her baby in the Rovers Return...
From BBC News Coronation Street actor William Roache, who plays Ken Barlow, has been arrested on suspicion of the rape of an under-age...
An anonymous comment on our blogger Tvor's post about Tim Metcalfe wonders if Tim is really Faye's dad. Not only that, they sug...
Click on a name to find out more about your Corrie favourites!
alan halsall alex bain alexandra boyd alison king alison sinclair amber kalirai amy barlow andy whyment angela griffin anna windass anne kirkbride antony cotton audrey roberts barbara knox becky mcdonald behind the scenes bet lynch betty driver betty williams beverley callard bill webster blanche hunt brooke vincent carla connor charlie condou cherylee houston chesney brown chris gascoyne ciaran mccarthy classic corrie clothes worn on coronation street competition coronation street musical coronation street weekly update coronation street weekly updates craig charles curly watts damon rochefort david neilson david platt debbie rush deirdre barlow Dennis Tanner dev alahan eileen derbyshire eileen grimshaw elsie tanner emily bishop faye windass fiz stape flaming nora Gail McIntyre gail platt gary windass gary's army diaries gay men in coronation street hayley cropper helen worth hilda ogden izzy armstrong jack p shepherd jane danson jason grimshaw jennie mcalpine jimmi harkishin job vacancies at coronation street julie carp julie goodyear julie hesmondhalgh julie jones kate ford katherine kelly Katy Cavanagh keith duffy ken barlow kevin kennedy kevin webster kylie platt kylie turner kym marsh kym ryder leanne battersby lloyd mullaney malcolm hebden maria connor michael le vell michelle connor michelle keegan mikey north mikey north Natalie Gumede newton and ridley nick tilsley nigel havers nigel pivaro norris cole pat phoenix paula lane peter barlow pets on coronation street pictures of the coronation street set rita sullivan rosie webster rovers return rovers return barmaids roy cropper roys rolls ryan connor ryan thomas sally webster sally dynevor sally webster sally whittaker sam aston samia smith sean tully shobna gulati simon barlow simon gregson sophie webster stella price steve huison steve mcdonald streetcars sue cleaver sue johnston sue nicholls sunita alahan sylvia cropper sylvia goodwin terry duckworth the kabin tina mcintyre todd grimshaw tommy duckworth tony warren tours of coronation street tracy barlow tyrone dobbs vicky binns watch coronation street online weatherfield weekly update wendi peters which coronation street character are you? william roache