Written by Chris Fewtrell (7:30) and Simon Crowther (8:30), directed by Duncan Foster.
Baby Liam's christening finally goes off, no thanks to Tony's constant interruptions to answer his phone under the ruse of "trouble at work." Does this mean the Connor's have to return to the land of Beggorah and Bejesus? Thank goodness! The day might be over for the Connor's, but not for Mr. Gordon.
Earlier, Jimmy had met Tony at the church and Tony had strong-armed him into "dealing with" (read: killing) Carla, or he'd give the police Jimmy's name to get a lighter sentence. Jimmy doesn't want to have anything to do with it, but he had to submit to save his skin. Jimmy goes to the factory to do the deal, but Carla leaves almost immediately thinking Tony was late to meet her. He follows her to the flat and waits until she falls asleep. He buzzes up and enters the flat because Carla thinks he's Tony finally there to settle the paperwork over the factory. It's only too soon before Carla realises that it's Jimmy. Tony suddenly feels guilty and changes his mind about having Jimmy kill Carla and rushes over. He interrupts them in a scuffle and distracts Jimmy giving Carla the opportunity to bonk him over the head with a candlestick, knocking him out cold. Tony lies and tells Carla that the blow had killed Jimmy and tells her that he'll take care of the mess as long as she agrees to keep silent and go on with her life and leave him alone. Carla is in a corner, since she could be an accessory to Liam's murder if she calls the police, so she agrees and leaves taking a taxi to the airport. Tony figures that since he renounced the devil earlier that afternoon, god was smiling on him. Ugh.
Joe's still working on his boat, much to Norris' chagrin. Gail tells Norris that he can stuff it and deal with the noise since she's had to deal with the sound of his paper delivery truck arriving every day at 4am for god-knows-how-long. You go girl! Norris has a lot on his plate, including interviewing, "stern" Joan. Norris thinks she's worth the hire, since the bond of paper she's had her CV printed on is good quality. That's something I'll have to remember for my next interview: heavy paper gets the worm.
Now, on our favorite subject: Molls and Kev. In the Rover's for Molly's birthday Sally notices Molly's necklace (the one Kev gave her that he bought on holiday), as does everyone else. Sally tells her that there was one identical to it she saw when they were on holiday, one Kev was too cheap to buy it for her. Molly tells everyone that she bought it as a birthday gift to herself. Later, Moll and Kev talk alone in the Rover's about the fact that it'll be harder for them to meet now that she's got that "ball and chain." Is she talking about the home gym or Tyrone himself? Maybe both. Oh, this will never end, will it?
- Roy coming by to see the boat, and to inform everyone of his upcoming trip to Transylvania (DVD plug anyone???). He doesn't want to give into the folklore of vampires, but in case it's true he's comforted by the fact that vampires only like young maidens, so he'll be in the clear. He and Hayley both, eh? Heh heh.
- At the christening, Kirk telling Audrey that at his christening the Vicar dropped him straight on his head. That explains so much.
- Carla fighting back against her assailant!!! Always put up a fight!
- Carla telling Tony to, "go to hell" and Tony responding, "maybe I will." Haha. But you just renounced the devil?
- Tony reminding Jimmy, after Jimmy disapproves of his lifestyle, that "history was written by winners." Oh, he's even got evil-guy one-liners down!
- Tony pompously answering his phone in the middle of the christening? Yes, I know it was an emergency, but it was bloody rude! I can't stand it when people do that! Argh.
- Tony's evil, evil, evil ways. Blackmailing Jimmy into killing Carla, then changing his mind, then blackmailing Carla with Jimmy's assumed "death." Oh, he's pure evil, but he's bloody great to watch!
- Carla deciding it'd be a good idea to meet Tony in the dark, empty factory. Didn't she learn her lesson after what happened to her last time she met Tony in a dark, empty factory? I thought she was supposed to be clever.
- Why did Jimmy wait for Carla to go to sleep before awakening her again to kill her? When he was waiting for her to fall asleep I was for sure we'd be in for a pillow-smothering or something.
- Joe looking like the bad guy that they killed but just wouldn't go away in that horror movie, "I Know What You Did Last Summer" in his raincoat. You know, the guy that just. wouldn't. go. away.
- Yuck. Molls and Kev again.
For those who enjoy the scenic route, check out the full review scene-by-scene here.
Our Top 10 Blog Posts in last 7 days (automatically updated)
The Sun reports today that Celebrity Juice fella Keith Lemon has filmed a Coronation Street cameo role as a Newton and Ridley delivery ma...
I know it's a bit early for speculation on Tina's departure next year, but what the hell, I'm in the mood for a good speculate...
Like a phoenix rising from the ashes these are the first pictures of Coronation Street’s Rovers Return restored to its full glory. It’s ...
There's a Coronation Street spoiler in today's Daily Sar revealing the end of the surrogacy storyline. If it's true, then th...
From today's Sun A fourth Corrie star was last night said to have preyed on a girl of 12 hunting autographs at the show’s TV studios. T...
With thanks to the fab Inside Soap magazine this week for this lovely little story, with a great pic too. Katy Cavanagh, who plays Julie...
New Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn gives a good video interview on the official Corrie website revealing some summer spoiler...
From BBC News Coronation Street actor William Roache, who plays Ken Barlow, has been arrested on suspicion of the rape of an under-age...
It's the announcement we've all been expecting. John Michie as Karl Munro is to leave Coronation Street. Clearly, Karl is a murderer...
The winners are announced in the 2013 British Soap Awards and Alan Halsall and Natalie Gumede came up trumps along with several other awar...
Click on a name to find out more about your Corrie favourites!
alan halsall alex bain alexandra boyd alison king alison sinclair amber kalirai amy barlow andy whyment angela griffin anna windass anne kirkbride antony cotton audrey roberts barbara knox becky mcdonald behind the scenes bet lynch betty driver betty williams beverley callard bill webster blanche hunt brooke vincent carla connor charlie condou cherylee houston chesney brown chris gascoyne ciaran mccarthy classic corrie clothes worn on coronation street competition coronation street musical coronation street weekly update coronation street weekly updates craig charles curly watts damon rochefort david neilson david platt debbie rush deirdre barlow Dennis Tanner dev alahan eileen derbyshire eileen grimshaw elsie tanner emily bishop faye windass fiz stape flaming nora Gail McIntyre gail platt gary windass gary's army diaries gay men in coronation street hayley cropper helen worth hilda ogden izzy armstrong jack p shepherd jane danson jason grimshaw jennie mcalpine jimmi harkishin job vacancies at coronation street julie carp julie goodyear julie hesmondhalgh julie jones kate ford katherine kelly Katy Cavanagh keith duffy ken barlow kevin kennedy kevin webster kylie platt kylie turner kym marsh kym ryder leanne battersby lloyd mullaney malcolm hebden maria connor michael le vell michelle connor michelle keegan mikey north mikey north Natalie Gumede newton and ridley nick tilsley nigel havers nigel pivaro norris cole pat phoenix paula lane peter barlow pets on coronation street pictures of the coronation street set rita sullivan rosie webster rovers return rovers return barmaids roy cropper roys rolls ryan connor ryan thomas sally webster sally dynevor sally webster sally whittaker sam aston samia smith sean tully shobna gulati simon barlow simon gregson sophie webster stella price steve huison steve mcdonald streetcars sue cleaver sue johnston sue nicholls sunita alahan sylvia cropper sylvia goodwin terry duckworth the kabin tina mcintyre todd grimshaw tommy duckworth tony warren tours of coronation street tracy barlow tyrone dobbs vicky binns watch coronation street online weatherfield weekly update wendi peters which coronation street character are you? william roache