Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 4 October 2009

Corrie weekly awards

Keeping happy customers award: Umed for the Machine gun or scary music when the shop door opens.

You should have hired Kirk: Norris who got lumbered with a very wordy woman instead.

Vamp(ira) award: Rosie setting up Michelle with a honeytrap. Yes, Rosie might have lied to set up Luke but he was going to take her up on it, wasn't he?

"I'd rather have Keats" award: John's wedding vows. Toilet seats and dirty socks?

Best friends of the week: Fiz's friends springing a surprise party for her back at home. Just the thing.

Green eyed monster award: Eileen is jealous of Julie and Jesse.

Lines of the Week:

Prison guard: "Marraige isn't just a word... it's a sentence." (And I think Fiz is entering a life sentence. Not in a good way).
Rosie to Fiz: "Wouldn't stripes be a better bet?" (for her wedding dress)
Natasha: "What is the point of having sad lonely mates if you can't rub their noses with your love life?"
Norris: "Knees apart, you're the most promising candidate so far." (oooh err!)
Sean: "Getting married in a flippin' prison. Cilla'd have been proud of her."
Dev to Teresa: "I am your landlord and I am your boss and I DO hold grudges!"
Dev: "I just want my ding back." Rita: "It's your age, it happens to us all."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like these little specials Tvor! And I think Norris should have hired Kirk! They could have been a new double-act. And they both would have gotten on Tina's nerves!

Luke's a cad who's currently sitting in his own mess! He made his bed, he can lie in it.

Yeah - John's wedding vows? Was he marrying a maid?

I see many funny story lines for Eileen and Julie. Julie's almost her "new Gail."

"Marriage isn't just a word - it's a sentence." --- Wasn't that chocked full of irony?

Tvor said...

Oh absolutely on the irony. I expect it was meant that was as well. I liked the guard though. I think he'd be a right laugh.

Thanks, i didn't know if people were reading these and enjoying them or not. Most of the awards today were of course very tongue in cheek.

Glenda Young said...

I love your weekly awards!

Clare said...

The sillier/more obscure the awards are the more i love them. Keep 'em coming (:

Tvor said...

Thanks, guys! :)

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!