Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 24 September 2009

Yay or Nay: Should Cilla return to Corrie?

Jennie McAlpine, who plays Fiz Brown, is quoted saying she'd love her on-screen mum Cilla Battersby-Brown to return to the Street.

I think she's got a point and if Cilla returned, she'd give John Stape short shrift, wouldn't she? Or would Cilla be blinded by John's wage-earning potential to keep Fiz and Cilla in a manner that Cilla would like to become accustomed?

So what do we think.. would you want Cilla to return to Coronation Street?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO.

balvert said...

NAY. From Ben.

Anonymous said...

I'm a definite NO on this as well -she was without doubt one of the WORST characters ever to walk the hallowed cobbles.

As for Jennie McAlpine, well let's just say I'd also be more than happy to see the back of Fiz as well along with the appalling Kirk and Chesney!

Anonymous said...

Nay - although I wouldn't mind if she came back to take Chesney and Fiz away.

Walzing Matilda said...

Absolutely NO.

Anonymous said...

NO WAY, from Canada

Fishwife said...

I think she should flit in and out - I liked her broad comedy and her Rottie snarl. There's noone else like her at the moment and she would fill a gap.

Anonymous said...

NO! cringeworthy stuff...

Serenity said...

Sorry Jennie, but NO for me too!

Lovely actress, terrible character!

Raymonda said...

I'd have to add my NAY as well.

Although she was a fun character there are others that can be just as boisterous as her, and equally acerbic. If she returned I was always suspect that it was to take away Fiz, a character I have grown to like enormously over the past year.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!