Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 23 July 2009

Stephanie Beacham 'may return to Corrie'

The Press Association have run a story with a bit of a twist. It reports that Stephanie Beacham says that she's been approached by ITV about making a Corrie comeback as Ken Barlow's barge floozy Martha Fraser. "The producers are interested in bringing Martha back so I may well be returning to the Street."

And the twist? At the end of the article, it states that a Coronation Street spokeswoman says: "There are no plans for the character of Martha to return at the moment."

But never mind Ken and Martha, isn't it time Deirdre got herself a bit on the side? Perhaps another young man... like this hunky one who's returning?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may be true, but I've been shocked at the Press Association's dropping of standards in recent years. Several items of "heavy" news have been slighty tweaked by the PA this year. I read an article in the Guardian a few months ago, and the PA then took a competely accurate fact central to the article and altered it!

It was highly odd!

Yoork said...

lol! I just chuckled to myself at the thought of Nick Tilsley as Deirdre's bit-on-the-side.

Glenda Young said...

I've also noticed the quality of the PA stories have gone downhill lately and they've rewritten the wrong spoilers from the Sun lately too about Rita and Jack leaving when they aren't. There's probably a kid in on work experience ;-(

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm glad she might come back!!!
Because when she left the street forever LOL it wasn't as shocking as I thought it would be she just drove off on her boat xD I had hoped something OTT would have happend xD I had my own little idea!
Plus she's my role-mode.

Anonymous said...

it's About Time Diedre Left and made way for Martha.

Just the thought of what Blanche would do and say has me rolling on the floor laughing!

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree Stephanie should return as martha and replace deirdre as kens partner....I like dierdre but I LOVE martha and ken... Plus stephanie beacham is my role model because 1. she is amazing and 2. she is deaf in one ear like me apart from she has 80% hearing in her left I only have 15% hearing in my left we are both deaf in the left ear. And she isn't a superficial barbie doll lie most celebs... and she looks fabulous too!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!