Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 29 July 2009

Jason and Tina: a Corrie supercouple?

Ah, the soap supercouple. A loosely defined title that brings to mind the camp excess of American daytime soaps. From Stan and Hilda to Ken and Deirdre Corrie has had its fair share of strong partnerships. Are Jason Grimshaw and Tina McIntyre the newest force to be reckoned with on t'Street?
I never really 'got' Jason and Sarah, and I certainly didn't 'get' Tina and David, but now that both sexpots have freed themselves of Platt misery, could greater things be afoot? Paying little attention to David and ploughing ahead with their plans for number 12 (former stomping ground of that other Street supercouple, Steve and Karen McDonald) it does seem that nothing can topple them!

6 comments:

Tvor said...

I think Tina was good for David at the time but unfortunately, his jealousy and anger issues made this destined not to last. Sarah chased Jason until she got him and they never worked for me. Steve and Karen were the absolute greatest, i'm not sure Tina and Jason can ever come up to their standards. They aren't sparky enough though they are awfully cute.

Tracyluv said...

I actually don't particularly like Tina, as Tvor said she was good for David but now he has broken up with her why is she hanging around? I dont think she is that good a character although she seems to be raved about! It doesnt gel with Jason and the "doing up the house" story is frankly ridiculous. Sorry to sound a grump but that's my opinion!

Dilly Daydream said...

There's something about Tina that I don't like - and I agree with Tracyluv, isn't the house buying with Jason just a tad over the top and sudden? I mean, as if!!

Glenda Young said...

I think they're well suited - both good looking and a bit thick.

Yoork said...

Yeah, I think they're a great couple. An incredibly boring couple too! Maybe Sarah will come back after all to spice things up!

Clare said...

I think Tina is too intelligent for thicko Jason actually and eventually they'd have nothing to talk about.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!