Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 23 January 2009

Anti-crime group backs Katherine Kelly

Katherine Kelly, who plays the wonderful barmcake Becky on Coronation Street has revealed to the Daily Record how bosses at Nacro, a group which aims to help offenders re-integrate into society and tackle social exclusion, praised her portrayal of former jailbird Becky Granger.

She said: "I was quite nervous about meeting them as I was not sure how they would respond to me in case they thought Becky was a bit of a caricature. Because Corrie is on before the watershed, she can't swear and do certain things. So I wondered if they thought she'd be too tame, weak and not a true representation. But it was exactly the opposite really, and they told me it was so nice to see a positive character in the media rather than a negative. That's the nicest compliment anyone has given me about Becky. It nearly made me cry. I thought it was really wonderful."

Want to see Katherine Kelly advertising cheese? Click here.

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!